Tuesday, September 23, 2008

IKE!!

It all started at 9:30 p.m on Sept. 12 when my power went out at my Grandparents' house where I was staying. Since by that time I haven't had lights because later on my house lost it's lights also. So that's TEN days without electricity. I fell like I live in the 18th century which is not fun. We have also missed seven days of school. I hope we don't have to make all that up. So I got ready for school this morning by lantern which isn't exactly 18th century like but it is as close as want to be to that life.
The last four days I have been staying with my Aunt because she is the closes one with power. The light company said we should get lights by yesterday but they have changed that to Thursday hopefully so I'm hoping we get lights by then. From Thursday to Monday I had been staying at my Aunt's house watching T.V. and enjoying the A.C.. but I'm lucky looking at everything the people in Galveston have lost, their homes and all the other things they have lost compared to that I feel lucky.

No comments: